Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chinese Dumplings & Bok Choy Stir-fry


Nope, the dumplings are not homemade! It's not that kind of recipe. This dish is more of a simple stir-fry suggestion. I get the frozen pork & cabbage dumplings from Lotus in the Strip District all the time.




For years I've been keeping frozen dumplings in the freezer and making variations of this recipe whenever I've been in the mood for a quick and easy meal, especially when it's just me (and maybe Twilly) for dinner. 




CHINESE DUMPLING STIR-FRY


about 20 Chinese dumplings (probably frozen)

7-8+ heads baby bok choy
1/2 cup-ish green onions, chopped
any other veg you have (optional)
~2 tbsp soy sauce
~1 tbsp sesame oil
~1 tsp Sriracha
The dumplings I get at Lotus normally just have cooking instructions in either Chinese or illegible Chinese-English translation, but I usually boil the dumplings and then pan-fry them in a little oil. I've also microwaved them with a little water when I've been short on time.

Once the dumplings are boiled (they'll float to the top when their done like some kinds of pasta), heat up some oil in a pan. Brown the dumplings a bit on both sides. When they're almost done, throw the bok choy, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil and Sriracha in and mix it around. I've also added in some peanut butter sometimes. For an even more filling meal, you could serve it on salad greens  or rice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...