Saturday, April 5, 2014

Citrus Habanero Salad


My birthday was last Tuesday! Certain friends of mine told me I had to do something, so I made dinner. I picked out some Ecuadorian recipes from Laylita's amazing food blog, including a spicy citrus salad.



CITRUS HABANERO SALSA
From Laylita's Recipes

5-6 citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruits, blood oranges, kumquats. mandarins, tangerines)
1/2 onion (white or red), sliced or diced
2-3 habanero peppers, seeded and veins removed (use gloves), finely diced
juice from 1 lime
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
salad greens (optional)


Slice all the citrus fruits - try either supreme slicing or rings or a combo of both. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving. If you want, serve it over lettuce, or just serve it as is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...