Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


My family recently sent my younger sister a care package. It was Nick's idea really. Kelly and my mom contributed goodies from Sephora, my dad added chocolates from Germany, and I baked her cookies. Specifically pumpkin oatmeal chocolate butterscotch chip cookies. That's a mouthful! Anyways, she's living all the way out in sunny California and loved the package. We miss her lots and are so excited to have her back for Thanksgiving.

By the way, I was trying to get Rex out from under the table with the cookie though I didn't give it to him. He gets enough treats. My mom gave him a whole hot dog the other morning :) The recipe is from Taste of Home.


2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
I cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start with all room temperature ingredients! Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl. Then add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and combine with a whisk. Combine the dry ingredients in a smaller bowl and stir with a fork. Then stir the dry ingredients into the wet in 3 parts. Then stir in the chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...