Friday, January 31, 2014

Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookie Bars


It's a 9x13 of delicious cookie!! Like a cookie cake but better than any cookie cake I've ever had. Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if every cookie cake I ever had was from Giant Eagle. 

The blog I got this recipe from calls it a Lunch Lady Bar, but I don't think my school had these - although I guess I might not know since I always packed my lunch. Maybe all the other kids were eating these every day.


Cookie Bar
Adapted from Taste and Tell

I added the peanut butter and marshmallows - it's good with them but I'm sure it's good without them, too.

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (or mix of semi-sweet and white chips)
1 cup mini-marshmallows


1. Preheat the oven to 350. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.

2. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in one large bowl. In a medium size bowl, combine the vegetable oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla, then the dry mixture, then 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips, then the marshmallows.

3. Press the batter into the baking dish with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and cut into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...