Monday, August 4, 2014

Gazpacho

Nothing says summer to me like a bowl of cold gazpacho. Right now, the tomatoes are all coming in from the garden! Finally! I feel like I've been waiting for tomato season all year. Anyways, all the ingredients are available right now. I went to the farmer's market with my sister and Rex and we loaded up on so many fruits and vegetables. We made a vegan stone fruit cobbler for dessert which I sadly forgot to photograph! For a lot of people, this gazpacho is hit or miss. It's pretty acidic but I love it as is! You can cut the acidity by using canned tomatoes but you would miss the point of gazpacho entirely. Just saying.


3 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1½ green peppers, seeded
1 large onion, peeled and quartered
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Diced green peppers for garnish
 
Throw everything in the blender for as long as you like. I like my soup super smooth. Then place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to chill. Taste and season it according to your tastes. Garnish with fresh globe basil and lemon thyme. Serve with warm bread.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...