Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Chocolate Glazed Donuts

Ever since I bought a donut pan, I feel obligated to use it as much as possible! I especially feel this way since I generally don't like to buy any kitchen supplies that are beyond the basic ones. In fact, a friend of mine bought me a potato masher since I kept painstakingly and stubbornly using a fork. I have to say, this has been one of the most worthwhile additions to my baking collection. 

Donuts for brunch all the time!!! Also the best part is that I can double the glaze on the donuts! Nick and I made these ones twice already. I usually double the recipe from the Fauxmartha since they taste just like the chocolate munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. I've also made her apple cider donuts and they are delicious too.


1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. buttermilk
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp. honey
1 large egg

Glaze (doubled recipe)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk 
1 tsp vanilla
dash of sea salt

Since I make these for breakfast, I want them done as soon as possible. Therefore, I like to mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl the night before. I include the sugar too. Then I cover the bowl and set out the eggs and butter to sit at room temperature. Then in the morning, I preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then I just mix up the wet ingredients in a small bowl to add to the wet ingredients. I would use a spatula to fold everything together to minimize over mixing. Then grease your donut pans and fill 3/4 full. Bake for 7 minutes, turn out onto cooling rack. While donuts are baking/cooling, mix the glaze in a wide, shallow bowl. Let cool mostly, then dip into the glaze, flipping over with a fork (twice if you want). Let sit on drying rack for glaze to set for about 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...