Monday, March 30, 2015

Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes

I started dreaming about all things chocolate tahini once I tried Soom's chocolate tahini butter. Cupcakes were the first thing that came to mind and while looking around the internets, I found My Name is Yeh's cake recipe. Molly makes a cake with rosemary buttercream which sounds to die for via Magnolia Bakery's recipe. I opted for chocolate tahini everything while I was baking in hopefully the last snowstorm of the year. It was actually pretty peaceful. My sister skipped school and we made smoothies and pancakes. Also 2 tbsp= 1/8 cup if that helps your measuring for this recipe.


Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes

2 cups + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used half Hershey's special dark cocoa powder)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk (I used half almond milk and half buttermilk)
6 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp boiling water

Sesame seeds, for sprinkles! Toast them to be extra fancy.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with liners. This recipe makes about 30 + cupcakes.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl including the sugar. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in a larger mixing bowl minus the boiling water. Add the dry to the wet ingredients, when stir in the water. Batter will be thin.
Fill the cupcake tins about halfway and bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely.
While cupcakes are baking, make the frosting. I just used the Hershey's chocolate frosting recipe and added 2 tbsp tahini. Next time I'll probably add up to 1/4 cup to get a stronger tahini taste. For an even stronger tahini taste, just use the Soom tahini. I was cooking for a crowd (my little twin cousins' birthday) so I wanted a milder flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...