Friday, June 26, 2015

Chickpea + Avocado Hummus


The addition of avocado is a fun twist for a simple, quick homemade hummus. I got the recipe from Joy the Baker, whose baked goods are AMAZING along with everything else on her blog.


I ate most of the hummus with pita chips and fresh veggies, like the snap peas from my garden, but I also made a really good pita sandwich with chicken (with lettuce that's also from my garden!). 


AVOCADO HUMMUS

1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
2 cloves garlic
salt & pepper

Blend everything in a food processor until as smooth as you like - I like it to stay a little bit chunky for texture but some people like a very smooth hummus. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...