Monday, June 29, 2015

Chocolate Hazelnut Tart

OMG this chocolate hazelnut tart! This is going to become a staple in my life. Lately I've just been trying to blog things I know I'll be making again and again. Maybe some special occasion recipes once in awhile. I usually have all the ingredients to make this dessert on hand minus the hazelnuts. Laura had me listen to a podcast on chocolate in Ecuador and it just reinforced my chocolate hoarding tendencies. I prefer to buy the chocolove brand. I love the pretzel milk chocolate and the hazelnut. Really I'll take any flavor. After Ecuador, I'll try to seek out Kallari chocolate too. Organic and so so delicious!! We went to the kallari store twice and had hot chocolate (we drank this daily), brownies, and chocolate mouse. Also just chocolate bars whole. Guh. In fact, I'm having severe chocolate withdrawal as I type this. (Don't worry, I have Justin's peanut butter cups stashed in my purse.)



This recipe is from Green Kitchen Stories. This family cooks amazing food and travels all around the world! My goals in life!
Also sorry no pic for now- will update later. For now here's pic of a similar tart.



Crust!
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
10 Medjool date's pitted
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 pinch sea salt
Filling
1 3/4 cups / 200 g cooked black beans 
5 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup almond milk 
5-6 ounces dark chocolate (70%)
Note: I used a 10 inch tart pan, so I increased the filling recipe.
Start by making the crust. In a food processor or blender, blend the hazelnuts until they are chopped finely. Not so much that it turns into hazelnut flour. I liked having some bigger chunks in the crust. Add the dates, coconut oil, cacao, and salt. Pulse until everything is mixed thoroughly. If the dates are hard, soak them in some water for 15 minutes and drain before making crust.
Press crust mixture into bottom of the tart pan. I greased my fingers with a little coconut oil to facilitate the process. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer while making filling.
Melt the chocolate with the almond milk. I did this quickly in the microwave. Stir to combine. Add the beans, dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and coffee to the blender and blend until completely smooth.  Like really really smooth. Add the chocolate mixture into the blender and blend once more. Pour the filling on top of the crust and place it into the freezer overnight to a couple days. 
My favorite part of this dessert is that I can make it in advance. Also I can trick people into eating beans!
Oh ya and let it thaw for 30 minutes on the counter to soften up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...