Friday, July 3, 2015

Queso Dip


There are tons of variations on queso dip - here's the one I usually make if I'm not doing the slightly less classy but very delicious Velvetta and salsa version! If you want to mix it up, you can add corn, black beans, chopped jalapeƱos or different types of salsa or hot sauce.

Queso Dip

5 oz cream cheese, chopped into 1" pieces
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (pretty much any mild cheese will be good)
1/4 cup tomatillo salsa
1/4 cup milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp veg oil

In a medium saucepan, fry up the garlic and cumin in the vegetable oil until fragrant. Drop in the cream cheese and let it soften a little before adding in the cheese, salsa and milk. Keep stirring until it's all integrated and smooth. I keep mine pretty thick but you can add more milk or salsa to thin it out.

I don't usually top it with anything, but you can see in the picture that this time I spooned some more salsa and a few roasted cherry tomatoes on top. You can also throw some cilantro on there, 

2 comments:

  1. Making this for kelly this week! Also did you make up the recipe???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I made this one up with what I had on hand, but it's probably based on something or another. Let me know if it works for you or if you make any changes!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...