About a week ago, after Michelle's roasted pumpkin soup post, I roasted a pumpkin (not a sugar one, just one of the ones we had outside for decoration) and got a big jar plus some of pumpkin puree out of it. As a result, it's been pumpkin crazy around here.
At Michelle's apartment I think it's probably pumpkin world for a solid two months at least, and now I'm officially on board.
Pumpkin Palooza 2012:
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins & cookies*
- Pumpkin french toast* (just added a couple tbsp of puree into batter & pumpkin pie spices)
- Pumpkin Black Bean Soup*
- Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes
- Pumpkin with zucchini & swiss chard over orzo (veggies mixed together in a stir-fry)
- Pumpkin quesadillas (pumpkin puree spread on before adding cheese)
- Pumpkin chili
- Pumpkin enchiladas (see recipe below)
- Pumpkin bread (didn't use quite as much butter & sugar and added cream cheese layer)
*I made these with plain old canned puree before the pumpkin roasting happened...
My nice big jar of pumpkin puree after using a little of it.
|Pumpkin pancakes - chocolate chips are hidden on the other side|
|Zucchini, swiss chard & pumpkin over orzo|
|Pumpkin chili before being mixed up and cooked in the crock pot for a few hours|
|Tired little pumpkin under the computer desk with a half-completed haircut|
Making the Pumpkin Enchiladas
|Puppy dog gets real excited when I shred cheese.|
|Bake at 350 for half an hour. Then take it out and eat some enchiladas - I recommend using a metal spatula.|