Cream Cheese Filling:
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a standard muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
2. Combine sugar, pumpkin and eggs until smooth.
3. In another bowl mix together flour, spices and baking soda. In another bowl mix together oil and maple syrup.
4. Alternately add the dry and the wet ingredients till fully incorporated.
5. Fill cupcake liners half way with the pumpkin batter.
6. Mix the cream cheese filling until creamy and drop one rounded teaspoonful into the center of each cupcake tin.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick can be removed cleanly from the center of a cupcake.