Thursday, October 24, 2013

Snickerdoodle Blondies, or "Oh hey, blog, I'm back"

So I am one of those... I search Pinterest for recipes from time to time.  Not too ashamed to admit it.  In July I went to meet my boyfriend's parents for the first time (after only dating for a couple months), and I was way nervous.  Momma D always says to not go to someone's home empty handed, and that Italians typically bring bread and wine.  Momma D also says a lot of things that aren't appropriate for this blog.  Michelle believes in always bringing baked goods, and showing people you love them with delicious foods.  With all this in mind and extensive searches and worrying, I set out to make this recipe.


Snickerdoodle Blondies
Adapted from My Own Sweet Thyme  

2 2/3 cups all-pupose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar, light or dark
1 cup butter, room temp
2 eggs, room temp
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup white sugar (last time I used turbinado sugar, added a good texture)
1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon (last time I accidently added a lot; feel free to do the same)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.  Lightly grease a 9 by 13.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside your dry bowl.

3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.  Add in your dry ingredients and beat till well blended.


4. Spread the mix into your greased dish, smoothing it through. 


5. In a small bowl combine white sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter. 

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or "until the surface springs back gently when pressed".  Cool on a rack for a bit, but cut into those babies while they're still warm. 

Meeting the parents worked out fine, but  I learned they're not quite the dessert family, so I'll have to learn to adapt (most liking still bringing desserts along, too).  Maybe Momma D is right and I should just stick to bread and wine.  These blondies have a great texture and make a ton, so they are great to take somewhere, or if you live in an urban commune that happens to be the headquarters of a certain food blog.  I think the roommates approve!

1 comment:

  1. These were SOOOO perfect!! We should always have some in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...