Saturday, April 18, 2015

Banana Chocolate Buttermilk Pancakes


I made these for a quick weekday dinner the other night and they were perfect, just what I wanted to eat right then. I've been working a lot of evenings lately so I come home, feeling like I've worked a full day, and then I need to go back out for another hour or so - I need something to pick me back up. Since I was making them just for myself, I ate half the batch for dinner and the other half for breakfast the next morning.


Banana Chocolate Buttermilk Pancakes
Adapted from Inspired Taste

Makes 6-7 smallish pancakes

1 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/3 cup chocolate chips

In a larger bowl, mix up the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt). In a smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredients (buttermilk, egg, butter and mashed banana) until well blended.

Heat up a griddle or skillet and butter it once hot. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and the chocolate chips until just barely mixed - do not over-mix. The batter is pretty thick and lumpy, and that's fine.

Scoop out some of the batter onto the hot skillet - for smallish pancakes, 1/4 cup should do it. Let one side brown and wait for bubbles to appear around the sides before flipping. Once the other side is browned, it's done. 

Serve with more bananas, nuts, cinnamon and/or syrup!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...