Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mango Smoothie

I've been meaning to do a mango smoothie post for ages now. This one is based off of the blood orange smoothie post but with mango instead!! These saved me when I was in Vietnam. I love mangoes. I would eat them daily there. Here, I just settle for frozen mango smoothies. Still delicious!


This recipe makes 2 servings 

1 ripe mango (or equivalent amount frozen mango)
1 large ripe banana, frozen
6 clementines, peeled
1 can light coconut milk 
1 tbsp hemp seeds
5 ice cubes
Coconut flakes for topping 

Peel and cube the mango. Slice the banana. Place all ingredients in blender except ice and blend on high for awhile. Since we're adding whole clementines it takes longer to blend the pith. Add the ice and blend for a bit. Then pour into glasses and top with coconut flakes and additional hemp seeds. Also you can throw in a handful of spinach but it'll change the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...