This time I had chicken (marinated in orange zest & juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and mustard), cucumbers, carrots, bok choy (sauted with creamy peanut butter, soy sauce and sesame oil), and an egg. Drop the rice noodles (very cheap at Lotus in the Strip!!) in some boiling water for just a couple minutes, drain and load stuff on top, including nuoc mam cham, hoisin sauce, and sriracha.
- cucumber and carrot
- julienne or use a peeler to make thin strips
- grilled or broiled chicken pieces
- cut up chicken thigh, marinate then skewer & grill or broil
- or use tofu or whatever meat you have around
- baby bok choy
- clean and saute (I like it with some peanut butter, soy sauce and sesame oil)
- side note: add some chicken or tofu and rice and this is another great quick meal!!
- bean sprouts
- fried egg
- at Tram's they add cut up egg rolls!!! so good!!
- crushed peanuts
- nuoc mam cham (see recipe below), hoisin sauce, and sriracha
Nuoc mam cham (Vietnamese dipping sauce, like for spring rolls)Mix some of this sauce in with the noodles before adding other toppings.
- 1 ½ cup water
- 8 Tbsp fish sauce
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 tsp rice vinegar
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 deseeded and finely chopped fresh red chili
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup finely sliced carrots (optional)