In my current post-cleanse state I've been super motivated to eat well and cook delicious and nutritious meals and snacks (point of the cleanse has been achieved). Yesterday I made this recipe as well as two others that I will post on here soon. Along with the first of many healthy recipes I'm trying, this is also the first recipe from Pinterest (yeah, I'm one of those) that I've made, pinned from this site. I cheated a bit on the recipe by using out of season veggies and pre-sliced peppers from the store. Needless to say this recipe will be much more delicious in the summer.
Raw Vegan Nori Rolls
- Raw Veggies, sliced but not too thin
- I used assorted peppers, cucumber, broccoli slaw, avocado, and sprouts. Other suggestions I found were yams, sunflower sprouts, beets, pea sprouts, lettuce, fresh herbs, cauliflower rice. Feel free to use what you have.
- Nori Sheets
- Whole Foods or Asian Foods store.
- Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, or a nut spread
- I used the Baba from Whole Foods that's made in my old neighborhood. The girl from the linked recipe used a pine nut spread and spicy hummus.
- Veggies at one end, a little extra spread at the other to seal. It was suggested to place nori on a damp cutting board. I ended up going with a sushi rolling mat.