Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Sugar Cookies

These were made for the cookie exchange and it is a doubled recipe. Lots of cookies! Also we did not have Christmas cookie cutters. However, we did have a dreidel cookie cutter (it's Brittany's) and a bunch of dinosaur ones. I think they were a hit. This recipe is from my Mrs. Field's cookie book. We make them so often, we tore out the page to have it on hand more easily. My suggested playlist for making these cookies is the Sufjan Stevens Christmas album (I think there are 2). This is a Pittsburgh dinosaur:


4 cups white whole wheat flour (I like the added texture of this flour)
1/2 tsp salt
3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract

Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs and vanilla and blend. Then add the flour and salt. Put the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour until it firms up. This helps the cookies hold their shape better when baking.
After the dough is firm, roll out the dough in batches on a floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut out your desired shape.

Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 325 degrees for about 9 minutes until lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas brontosaurus = fantastic! I'm sad I missed the cookie exchange!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...