Monday, March 11, 2013

Lavender Lemon Grilled Chicken


Following Michelle's lead (or joining her cult?), I bought some food-grade lavender at Roxanne's at the Strip, the dried flowers place. I will definitely be baking with it, but I was also looking at savory recipes and wasn't finding anything that I felt like cooking. So instead I went with the marinade from one of my favorite chicken recipes, Rosemary-Lemon Oven Fried Chicken, and subbed the lavender for the rosemary. And I grilled it instead of "frying" it in the oven - but that would also be good!



It's kind of spring-ish! At least until about an hour ago... So I'm calling this a spring recipe since it's grilled and you don't need any of the more summery veggies or herbs. Unless you want to use fresh lavender, which would be awesome.

This was on Sunday - the puppy and the plants enjoying the sun.

LAVENDER-LEMON GRILLED CHICKEN

1/2 cup yogurt or buttermilk
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped dried lavender
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 teaspoons lemon zest
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
6-8 small chicken thighs or breasts

Marinate the chicken in all of the other ingredients for at least an hour or overnight. Then grill or bake. Or see original recipe to oven-fry.

weirdo under the desk


2 comments:

  1. The lavender cult is awesome! Also, I miss Twilly!!! He should probably come to the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i don't think Twilly is shower-trained. he'd either run around the whole time like a crazy dog or hide under the table. he says you and brittany should come out and visit sometime when she gets back tho!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...