Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rawr Vegan White Chocolate

The idea for this chocolate came as I was buying ingredients to make the superfood nut butter cups for a friend. Since I was buying cocoa butter, I figured it was only logical to make white chocolate with it.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I can MAKE raw chocolate with a few simple ingredients. The ingredients were a little (ok a lot) pricey, but it is worth it since they are processed as minimally as possible. In other words, this is real white chocolate.
This recipe was followed almost exactly from Bittersweet Blog.

1/4 cup organic cocoa butter (make sure it is food grade!)
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon maca powder (the author originally used powdered soy milk)
pinch salt

Melt the cocoa butter in a glass bowl over simmering water on low heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into silicone molds and place into freezer to set. This made 4 heart shaped white chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...