recipe while looking for ways to use the meyer lemons I had bought. It is a pretty simple and delicious cheesecake.
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- juice of 2 meyer lemons
- zest of 2 meyer lemons
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a food processor combine the dates, pecans, and salt. Blend until uniform and the pecans look like a very coarse meal.
- Press the pecan/date mixture into a pie pan using your fingers. Set aside.
- Strain the cashews of their soaking liquid and rinse them well. Place them in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until the mixture is very smooth. This took me a while to accomplish. I actually put in the entire vanilla bean since I had one that has been soaking in vodka to make vanilla extract. The blender blended most of the vanilla bean. Just keep scraping the sides and blending.
- Pour the filling mixture onto the crust and smooth the surface. Cover with foil and place in the freezer until solid.