Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Oatmeal Bars

My friend, Lacey, introduced me to these delicious breakfast bars a couple years ago. I've been making them ever since. They are a winter breakfast favorite in our apartment, and it's simple to incorporate various toppings and fillings (nuts, fruit, chocolate, etc)!

2 cups rolled oats
1 heaping cup steel cut oats
1/4 cup flax seeds
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I've seen some recipes online using bananas or applesauce instead)
1 cups vanilla almond milk

Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Then add the wet ingredients. Pour into greased baking dish (I use a ceramic one a little smaller than a 9x13 inch baking pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown on top and set.

I like to eat the bars heated up a bowl with some milk, so really it's like a quick way to make a bowl of oatmeal. These are great on the go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...